Due to continued growth, Van Harten has an immediate opportunity for an experienced survey field technician at our Guelph office.
Van Harten Surveying Inc. is a company that has grown and evolved from its original land surveying roots in 1968 into a well-respected multi-disciplined professional surveying and consulting engineering firm with offices in Guelph, Orangeville and Waterloo. Our firm offers a wide range of services to a wide range of clients. We always strive to provide an excellent level of service. Although this position is based at the Guelph office, there may be occasional travel to our other offices depending on workload and future growth of our company.
- Construction layout;
- Topographic surveys;
- Boundary surveys;
- Survey work related to all aspects of land development;
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by a Manager;
- Travel and miscellaneous duties as required.
- Experience with engineering and surveying field procedures;
- Proficiency with total station, GPS and GIS technologies;
- Proficiency with MicroSurvey, AutoCAD and MS Office based products;
- Graduate of a relevant technician program;
- Detail orientated with strong organization and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; and
- Valid driver’s license.
Along with a very open and friendly working environment, Van Harten offers a medical benefits package, pension plan, and employee bonuses. Compensation will depend on the experience and skill set of a successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates under consideration for this position will be contacted.
Please apply directly here or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.