Due to continued growth, Van Harten Surveying has an immediate Full-Time opportunity for an enthusiastic Project Coordinator that will be tasked with assisting our engineering group. This detail-oriented person is a highly motivated individual who has strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
Van Harten Surveying Inc. (https://www.vanharten.com) is a company that has grown and evolved from its original land surveying roots in 1968, into a well-respected multi-disciplined professional surveying and consulting engineering firm with offices in Guelph, Orangeville and Waterloo. Our firm offers a wide range of services to a wide range of clients, and we always strive to provide an excellent level of service. The successful candidate will initially work out of our Guelph office, with the possibly of some interaction with our other offices, depending on training, workload and future growth of our company.
- Assist with preparation of proposals, marketing materials and/or technical reports;
- Project coordination from onset to completion in order to help ensure deliverables are properly resourced, meet client expectations, and fulfill our obligations to the client;
- Assist with client interaction via email and phone to address comments or concerns and provide routine updates on project status;
- Consultation with municipalities, architects, landscape architects, environmental consultants and others in order to obtain necessary information and to resolve issues;
- Preparing invoices in a timely manner that reflect the work outlined in the estimate and that has been carried out;
- Assist in coordinating municipal and conservation authority review comments to ensure that necessary work is carried out and re-submitted to the appropriate agencies in a timely manner;
- Coordinate field activities with our clients and provide updates as needed;
- Relay problems from the field to the project team and/or subconsultants for prompt action and resolution;
- Managing and maintaining shared job tracking spreadsheet with ongoing projects to help ensure that projects are progressing on budget and in a timely manner;
- Take a leadership position in the planning and execution of projects and make recommendations to Management to help improve product delivery methods and/or efficiency; and
- Carry out other service-related tasks as may be requested by the Manager to assist with deliverables.
- A degree or diploma in business and/or civil engineering with strong consideration given for equivalent experience;
- Project management certification would be an asset;
- Two to five years of experience in a consulting environment is preferred;
- Proficiency with MS Office based products is required;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an asset;
- Experience in site plan and/or building permit application processes and/or land development processes would be an asset;
- Understand and support the benefits of a strong Health and Safety culture and contribute to its success;
- Adhere to the organization’s security and confidentiality policies.
Skills and Abilities:
- A high degree of precision and attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills with a bias for action and ability to facilitate teamwork;
- Autonomous and capable of making decisions with minimum supervision;
- Time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize various activities to ensure timely and accurate deliverables to the client;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers and management;
- Polished client relations and interpersonal relationship skills; and
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Along with a very open and friendly working environment, Van Harten offers a standard medical benefits package and pension plan. Van Harten also offers employee bonuses and vehicle mileage reimbursement. Compensation will depend on the experience and skill set of the successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates under consideration for this position will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.