Due to continued growth, Van Harten has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineering Technologist at our Orangeville office.
Van Harten Surveying Inc. (https://www.vanharten.com/) is a company that has grown and evolved from its original land surveying roots in 1968 into a well-respected multi-disciplined professional surveying and consulting engineering firm with offices in Guelph, Orangeville and Waterloo. Our firm offers a wide range of services to a wide range of clients. We always strive to provide an excellent level of service. Although this position is based at the Orangeville office, there may be occasional travel to our other offices depending on workload and future growth of our company.
- Site Grading, site servicing and stormwater management design;
- Client meetings and correspondence;
- Letter and report writing;
- Site visits and inspections;
- Job estimates, project coordination and overall project management;
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by a Manager.
- Travel and miscellaneous duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited civil engineering diploma or degree program with a CET designation;
- Proficiency with stormwater simulation software, AutoCAD and MS Office based products;
- Experience in land development, municipal engineering and construction procedures that include site grading, site servicing and stormwater management design;
- Knowledge of site plan and building permit application procedures;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Strong organization and problem solving skills;
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle for work use.
Along with a very open and friendly working environment, Van Harten offers a medical benefits package, pension plan, vehicle mileage reimbursement and employee bonuses. Compensation will depend on the experience and skill set of the successful candidate.
Please apply directly here or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.