Due to continued growth, Van Harten has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineering Technologist at our Guelph office.
Van Harten Surveying Inc. is a company that has grown and evolved from its original land surveying roots in 1968 into a well-respected multi-disciplined professional surveying and consulting engineering firm with offices in Guelph, Orangeville, and Waterloo. Our firm offers a wide range of services to a wide range of clients. We always strive to provide an excellent level of service. Although this position is based at the Guelph office, there may be occasional travel to our other offices depending on the workload and future growth of our company.
- Site Grading Design;
- Site visits and inspections;
- Client meetings and correspondence;
- Letter and report writing;
- Project coordination, scheduling and overall project management;
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by a Manager;
- Travel and miscellaneous duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited civil engineering diploma or degree program with a CET designation;
- Experience in land development, municipal engineering and construction procedures that include site grading design and site grading inspection;
- Detail orientated with strong organization and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and MS Office based products;
- Knowledge of site plan and building permit application procedures;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle for work use.
Along with a very open and friendly working environment, Van Harten offers a medical benefits package, pension plan, vehicle mileage reimbursement, and employee bonuses. Compensation will depend on the experience and skill set of the successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates under consideration for this position will be contacted.
Please apply directly here or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com