Van Harten Surveying Inc. is located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, with offices in Guelph, Waterloo, and Orangeville; and recently acquired survey companies from Acton, Kitchener and Elmira. Over the last 50 years, Van Harten Surveying has provided surveying services to a variety of clients across Southern Ontario. Van Harten Surveying Inc. is a company that has grown and evolved from its original land surveying roots in 1968, into a well-respected multi-disciplined professional surveying and consulting engineering firm. Our firm offers a wide range of services to a wide range of clients, and we always strive to provide an excellent level of service.
At Van Harten we offer employees a friendly, healthy, and engaging workplace environment with our wellness-focused corporate culture, community-oriented mentality, and commitment to our employees’ success. Join a culture that facilitates connections, fosters career growth, and supports the local community.
- Residential site grading design and site servicing design
- Commercial stormwater management design
- Private on-site sewage system design
- Site visits and inspections
- AutoCAD drafting of design work
- Assist in project management – job tracking, update clients, coordinate fieldwork, etc.
- Miscellaneous tasks assigned by a manager
- Graduate of an accredited 2 to 3-year civil engineering diploma program, who would be eligible to obtain C. Tech. and CET designation
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MS Office based products
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle for work use
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn site plan and building permit application processes; as well as land development, municipal engineering and construction procedures that include site grading, site servicing and stormwater management design
Van Harten Surveying offers a variety of benefits, which include:
- Extended health care
- Dental coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual bonus
- Wellness program
- Education plan
- Staff social events
Compensation will depend on the experience and skill set of the successful candidate.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest and ensure complete confidentiality. Please note that only those candidates under consideration for this position will be contacted.