Van Harten Surveying Inc. has grown and evolved from its original Land Surveying roots in 1968 into a well-respected, multi-disciplined, professional surveying, and consulting engineering firm with our offices located in Guelph, Waterloo and Orangeville.
Van Harten has an immediate Full-Time opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer Technologist at our Guelph office. The successful candidate has experience in land development and construction procedures that include site grading, site servicing and stormwater management design. Knowledge of municipal engineering design, site plan and building permit applications would be beneficial.
Organization and problem solving skills are essential as well as having exceptional communication skills. Proficiency with AutoCAD and MS Office based products is required, and any previous exposure to MIDUSS is beneficial. Candidates must be able to work independently and be able to be part of a dynamic team of professionals providing unparalleled service to our clients.
Along with a very open and friendly working environment, Van Harten offers a standard Medical Benefits package and Pension Plan. Van Harten also offers employee bonuses, yearly, and vehicle mileage reimbursement. Compensation will depend on the experience and skillset of the successful candidate.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from a recognized Civil Engineering Program
- CET certification or eligibility to obtain certification from OACETT
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and MS Office based products
- Experience in a combination or ideally all of the following: land development and construction procedures that include site grading, site servicing, and stormwater management design, site plan and building permit application procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates under consideration for the position will be contacted directly.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.